The Arrival

I really enjoyed looking through this book. For the most part I could easily understand what was happening. I found the frames that depict the man struggling to find employment really realistic and eye opening. So often immigrants travel to a new country for the chance of employment and better opportunities.  Since the job market is  so competitive these days, I can only imagine the struggle that immigrants face with finding a job when they first arrive. The idea that one travels to a new country in order to establish a better life for themselves or their family (like in this story) is really eye opening when you remember that starting off in that new country isn’t so easy.  Seeing the main character struggle to adapt reminds me how difficult it must be to not only adapt to societal ways but to also find employment when you don’t necessarily know what’s going on.  I also enjoyed looking at the part where the man and young boy are particularly hospitable to the immigrant man. This reminds you that hospitality is so important and always welcome.  I’m fascinated by the end where the young daughter is presumably pointing a refugee in some direction. The transition from the main character moving first to the new country, figuring things out, then having his wife and daughter come, and then the arrival of new immigrants in general is interesting because it shows how the family went through that initially but now they’re almost experts at this transition. Lastly, two questions I want to bring up are that of 1) the tentacles/rigid tails that we see throughout the beginning when the main character leaves his city of origin- what do we think this signifies? and 2) why do we think Tan includes 60 faces in a grid formation at the beginning and end papers?  All of the faces are very different  from one another, so is this trying to bring together each individual reader and connect us in a way?

40 Comments

1. Pingback: web brand
  2. Pingback: free bitcoin cash
  3. Pingback: we-b-tv.com
  4. Pingback: hs;br
  5. Pingback: tureckie_serialy
  6. Pingback: serialy
  7. Pingback: 00-tv.com
  8. Pingback: +1+
  9. Pingback: watch
  10. Pingback: ++++++
  11. Pingback: HD-720
  12. Pingback: 2020
  13. Pingback: Video
  14. Pingback: wwin-tv.com
  15. Pingback: Watch TV Shows
  16. Pingback: casino
  17. Pingback: Kinokrad
  18. Pingback: filmy-kinokrad
  19. Pingback: kinokrad-2019
  20. Pingback: serial
  21. Pingback: cerialest.ru
  22. Pingback: youtube2019.ru
  23. Pingback: dorama hdrezka
  24. Pingback: movies hdrezka
  25. Pingback: HDrezka
  26. Pingback: kinosmotretonline
  27. Pingback: LostFilm HD 720